Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Experiment

For the past two years I've been experimenting with a sunny perennial border.  The kicker...I only allow plants that are less than 24" tall.  Why?  Because the boxwood hedge behind it will only be three feet, so I'd like to see some differentiation between the two eventually.  Hopefully the hedge will reach that height in a couple of years.


My focus in this border is texture and form.  It's very successful in some areas, while in others it's still a flop.  I constantly move things around, try new plants, and even pull out some ugly ducklings once in awhile.


I'm sure the neighbors think I'm crazy.  I often pace up and down the front walk taking mental notes of what to change and add next.  I don't think this experiment will ever end.


No comments:

Post a Comment