Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Gingham Garden

Something I love to do is picking a fun image, color scheme or object to inspire me in designing a garden. It's a great way to generate ideas, yet help narrow down your plant choices.


I found this gingham image above several months ago and have been aching to design a perennial bed based on it. This is a simple border that you can place along a sunny wall or fence. The peak bloom time is June to July.  I'm in zone 4 so have planned it accordingly, but you can take the same principles and design something with plants in your area. Oh, and I chose all my perennials through a fabulous plant database found on the Midwest Groundcovers website.














































I know it's getting a little cold to plant now, but it's never too early to plan for spring!

2 comments:

  1. this is just the coolest idea! i'm inspired to plan a garden from some fabric of my own. i might have told you before, but your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daricia- Thanks so much! I'd love to see your design when completed.

      Delete