Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Beauty and Function

Beauty and function go hand in hand more often than we think.

metal chair
Photo courtesy of Bloom, Grow, Love

I found this lovely quote while writing my thesis on farm gardens. It describes me and what I love perfectly. I have always been intrigued with functional things and how they bring beauty into our lives.

laundry
Photo courtesy of Gingerlillytea

Think of a colorful clothesline, a comfy chair or even the dishes on which you enjoy a tasty dinner. All have a purpose and can be quite stunning. These are the things that give life to our gardens.

picnic in a suitcase
Photo courtesy of Skunkboy Creatures

Take a peak around your landscape and find beauty in vernacular objects. What loveliness hides in your backyard that deserves a second look?

No comments:

Post a Comment